Monday, October 25, 2010

MTC #11

10.25.10

We leave two weeks from today!!!!  It's insane how fast its been so far but i heard it gets even faster out in the field.  As much as I love the MTC I just want to get out of here.  I feel so restricted and I want to teach people that arent missionaries or people hired to listen to us.  So this last week we learned a little more spanish, mostly just did review.  We started teaching the Plan of Salvation in spanish too and it is pretty tough.  We dont know all the vocab or verbs yet but we will get it down soon.  I got a few more letters last week than usual.  I got one from Tim Ryan Summer Frobergs and some other people but I dont remember.  Elder Larsen and I have been doing a lot of reading in the Book of Mormon together and everyday we find a new chapter that is awesome.  We read Ether 12 yesterday and Ether 3 another day.  They are both way good.  Alma 26 is also really good and that's what you should all read for FHE tonight. 

We got an apostle last week.  It was Russell M. Nelson.  It was pretty awesome but he didnt speak for very long.  He talked a lot about first impressions with people we meet and to be happy missionaries.  The firesides and devotionals we have are really good.  We had one last week and one of the ladies that spoke sang the whole time.  It was kinda weird but entertaining. 

I just got handed a package slip so I think its the one you guys were talking about.  I also got a dear elder but I dont know who its from yet.  Ill open it in a little bit.

So last week Elder Larsen sprained his knee.  We got to go out into Babylonia!  It was crazy just walking out of the MTC to take him to the Medical center down the street.  It was really cool because we had lots of cars honking at us and kids yelling at us through windows.  They were yelling at us in a good way though. 

When we first got here they gave us spanish scriptures so I got them engraved today with Peck family so I'll send that home with all my other stuff. 

Entonces, El CCM es muy imponente!  Me encanto el CCM mucho.  Mi companero es el mejor y estoy muy agradecido por mis bendiciones.  Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial.  Se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y Redentor.  El murio por nuestros pecados.  Pecados means sins but I accidently said pescados the other day which is fish.  It was pretty embarassing.  Well, time for me to go get my package.  Hasta la vista!

love Elder Peck

0 comments:

Post a Comment