Monday, June 27, 2011

Renca 1 #16

6.27.11

So I just remembered that I forgot to write this blog email haha.  I only have about ten minutes so hopefully I can get everything. 
This last week was very very hard for us.  A lot of walking and  not a lot of lessons.  Nobody went to church again so we dropped all our investigators and we are starting from scratch.  We have a few promising investigators already but we will see if they go to church.  We had a conference with Pres. May because he leaves tomorrow.  We get our new president tomorrow also and we meet him saturday.  Pres May talking a lot about his personal life and how growing up he had a terrible family situatin.  He used basketball as his escape and ended up going to BYU where he met his wife.  He then servd his mission because she told him that she wouldnt marry anybody unless they are an RM.  He then served the mission but for the wrong reasonsut he learned quickly in the field why he was a missionary and why he was there.  Ive seen that in my mission also.  To be honest, up until the day before I entered the MTC I had no idea how I was going to survive this.  But as soon as I entered the MTC I had Clark and Larsen as my comps and they really helped me out.  I realized quickly here in the field that I am here for a reason and I need to stop thinking about myself and how much I miss home and just get to work.  I love the work and time is flying.  Have a great week evreybody!
Love Elder peck


Questions
1.       How does the milk taste there?
 The milk is great.  Tastes a little different but not much
2.        Do you want me to send peanut butter, or can you get good stuff there?
 Yeah send some JIF crunchy haha
3.       Do you need gloves?  Hat (for around the apartment)?
 I got gloves and my american eagle beanie that Amanda bought me a long time ago
4.       What has been your favorite thing you’ve gotten in a package?
 My favorite thing....probably tapes from the band haha but probably pictures and snacks.
5.       Do you get letters from anyone other than family?  How about packages?
 I only get emails and I get enough to keep me occupied for an hour and a half
6.        What is the most frustrating thing about your mission right now?
 Most frustrating thing is that NONE of our investigators go to church because its too cold as they say
7.       What is the most gratifying thing about your mission right now?
 Just preaching the Gospel with people in the street.  Its really satisfying knowing that people are getting something out of a 30 second conversation
8.       Have you met your new mission president yet?
 He comes in tomorrow but we meet him saturday
10.   What have you read in your scriptures lately that had a big impact on you?
 I read them everyday haha and right now Im in second Nephi.  Nothing too big lately other than things in my Patriarchal Blessing
11.   Are you still writing in your journal?
Yes I try to everyday

12.   Do you work a lot with some of the couple missionaries (like Jeanie and Joe)?  Are any of them fun?
 No we dont work with them haha they are out on Easter Island or in the office
13.   What are some things we’ve sent in packages that you wouldn’t want us to send again?
 Those weird dried apple things...They are like styrofoam
14.   Would you like me to send more medicine of any kind?
 For right now no
15.   What is your favorite thing about your mission so far?
 Favorite thing...I think just enjoying time with the people we meet.  I love just sitting down and talking about something over a nice hot cup of coffee! (its not real coffee but still good)
16.   Would you like us to send hand written letters once in awhile? 
 If you want...I dont really care because I hear the same thing in my emails
17.   Is there anything we, as your family, can do more to support you? 
 Just keep sending the occasional package haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment