Thursday, February 23, 2012

Compania #9

(No email last week due to district outing)

2.20.12

Fantastic week last week!!  Just kidding it was kind of slow because everybody is still on vacattions!!!!!!  Its pretty lame becuase we havent been able to teach very many lessons.  BUT we were able to receive great news from Josselin that her and Jose are going to get married when they get back and shes getting baptized the 4th of march!!!!!!  We were very happy to hear the good news and it really made our week a lot better.  Not much happened this last week but I was able to find a great chapter in the Bible that really helps me express how I feel about the people here in chile.  As I was reading in Thessalonians chapter 2, I came across a part where the Apostles are talking to the people they taught.  In verse 8 it says....
 
So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own asouls, because ye were dear unto us.
 
The rest of the chapter is also really great but that scripture really hit me and made me think if I was really willing to give my life for my investigators and the members here that Ive gotten very close to.  I love the work here and it only gets better everyday!  I hope that you can all spread the Gospel to your friends and family!
 
Love Elder Peck

0 comments:

Post a Comment